Friday, May 1, 2009

At least don't power spray my bike until I walk away, please ;_;

I followed that route I described last night (in my sleepy haze) to a T, and have reached some conclusions:

~ It is A THOUSAND MILLION times faster than the BART/walk plan. I was locking up by 4:23 AM, so it took about 20 minutes. Granted, this is no traffic and I was FLYING, but still -- fast.

~ When you get there at 4:23 AM there is probably (usually?) a place to park by a tree outside the Bike Hut.

~ There may be a guy power spraying the sidewalk who will inch closer and closer to your bike even as you are removing your velcro lights. Poor bicycle doesn't need a bath! Please to not spray meeeeeeeee.

~ Riding down Folsom is great, as there is a bike lane the whole way and you don't have to monkey around with that freeway entrance nonsense or whatever screws up the Harrison route, BUT...

~ Riding down 4th sort of sucks despite it being one way, because you need to switch lanes (Left! Left!) due to...YES, the freeway. I can't imagine doing this at any time other than quarter after 4 AM (when there is like one taxi on the road). Also, there will be more buses in the mix at other times.

~ Oh, that's why my hands are cold!! I forgot my gloves! Ahhhhhhhh @_@

I sort of wish my final commute were at the pre-crack of dawn, too, because it is really the very best time to be out on the road with a bike. In the evening everywhere will be crawling with cars -- I mean, I'll be doing the San Francisco leg of the trip at like...7:30 pm or something. Booooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet