Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recent near-accidents, etc.

Seriously, if I hadn't been watching that guy, he would have plowed right into me. Perhaps I should've been in the actual lane, but the fact remains that I made my intentions pretty damned clear (up out of the saddle for extra pedaling power to get out of his way so he could veer, following as closely as possible a car that went straight ahead). I'm not sure I can help it when the road (Townsend Harrison and something 16th) looks like this:



See, I don't think people feel the need to signal to take that "turn" since it is not the actual turn. This means that if I look at their blinkers (which I always do if I am not in the actual lane with the cars) I don't see that they are going to turn. What pissed me off the most that I was actually IN FRONT of this guy. He should be looking forward. And then after he saw me he didn't stop or apologize, he just drove me out of the way (good thing I can steer).

/end vent

But yes, I have been learning Danish recently and have not updated as I should. Instead of eating curry and making FB graffiti detailing recent biking escapades, I have been eating curry and trying to pronounce "sygeplejerske." (Note: that is very hard, even when your mouth ISN'T full. This is where some smartass reader says, "That LOOKS like a mouth full." And I reply, "Yes, it is, but it's DELICIOUS.")

In other news I got some new bruises today because the VTA light rail people have keep (Twice in two days!!) shutting the doors on me. Bicycles should yield for pedestrians, right? So I am the last one on the train and that conductor is just RARING to go (and also apparently not peeking out the window to actually NOTICE that someone is still getting on). It's not like I'm dragging my feet...just my bike...BUT IT HAS WHEELS, so it's not slow or anything...

*mumble grumble*

WOWZ, I gots some vitriol today!



But yes, the bruises are expanding their palette, as we have some majestic purples as well as sickly yellow/greens, plus a more typical blue.

On a CHEERFUL, I am over half-way through a 40 mile (minimum) week. That makes me happy. So does birdsong in the early morning (I'm 8-5ing again, temporarily), but not itchy allergy eyes (Thanks, Creek Trail).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet