Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wake up sore

What's funny is that my right side hurts way more.

It's entertaining to watch one's bruises change color, and at the moment I have rather a few to keep an eye on. That one was most dramatic and pic-worthy, although I have a cute little mini blunt trauma split on my right elbow (and I mean "mini" -- you hardly notice it anymore, especially with the bruise in blossom) .

My mom warned me my neck and shoulders would hurt and BOY WAS SHE RIGHT. My right shoulder is le killing, along with general neck malaise. Also, alarmingly my left ankle/tendon/foot something twangs something awful (perhaps because it clearly -- see picture -- got beat to shit).

I took that pic, btw, with my new iPhone. Don't ask me how I managed to afford one (I'm just lucky, not rich -- in fact, I'm still battling the "Be responsible and move to Los Gatos" thoughts), but I did need some kind of phone, since my other one broke, so might as well shoot for the stars.

I'm looking forward to having GPS while biking. Insta-map! I will never have to ask the guy at the gas station where the light rail station is after I bike past it, and past even the next one down the line, and end up biking frantically around Downtown Campbell until I ask a guy -- three times because he doesn't hear me or doesn't think I am talking to him -- where oh where the light rail station is, and I make it with a few minutes to spare rather than getting caught down there all night and having to appeal to the Hotel Holmes...

Yeah, I had an interesting night. It was damp getting out of Caltrain. A cold ride home. Despite that, for reasons you may be able to imagine, my wool street jacket is not optimal biking wear.

2 comments:

  1. First!

    That's quite a bruise you're sporting.


    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, indeed. It turned bluer over the course of the weekend, but I'm going to try not to dwell overly ;D

    ReplyDelete

Please to Meet