Monday, May 11, 2009

From San Jose to Los Gatos: The Daylight Route

Well, to my surprise and delight, co-worker Noel mapped a very handy route from San Jose Diridon to work, which we road on Saturday. It was about 12 miles and totally doable, although probably not twice a day, everyday, quite yet. (I will get him to send me the map he used so I can post it. Hopefully he has it saved somewhere...)

Unfortunately the Los Gatos Creek Trail (which makes up the majority of the ride) is closed after sunset, so I feel a bit foiled. He has stated that his next project is to map a street route, and I must say that I anticipate it highly.

I was looking at this map last night (which I am very happy exists), actually, trying to map safe passage even just to the Winchester VTA station (a nice next step, since it would boost the daily milage up to around twelve instead of making the rather a bit larger jump from six to twenty-four), but it appears hopeless to me without either a) taking the trail or b) getting road-killed on Winchester Bvld itself ("Extreme Caution," then "Alert," and then finally AFTER you pass where I work...a bike lane SHEESH).

Anyways, lunch is almost over and I haven't peeled my orange yet. Upcoming topics include: finally installing my rack?!?!? and scoping out the Mission library for bicycle books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet