Monday, May 11, 2009

My current favorite bike blog...

is actually not a local one!! *gasp!*

Perhaps even... *dismay!*

but you can't really *dismay!* for too long once you check out Bike Snob NYC.

Obviously I have only been reading them for a short while, but their content has stood out from the other blogs I've been scrolling around in lately due to their tight, humorous writing.

Take the current post, for instance. This, to me, feels like pretty classic Bike Snob NYC. It's long and seemingly rambling, as there are many topics: little bit of booze nooze, little bit of crazytown bicycle pix, little bit of goofy CL -- all with sparkly commentary you actually want to read rather than just scroll by; while other bloggers may feel the need to just post a string of consecutive blurbs, Snob just mashes them all together. I said "seemingly"rambling because even though Snob touches on a number of topics, they are woven together so deftly with some wit reaching back to earlier in the post (my favorite kind of jokes, really) that the end result is perhaps even more entertaining than individual posts (although you can -- and Bike Snob NYC does, as well -- reach with a hyperlink, too).

Anyways, expressing some quick love on my lunch break :D

PS - For "wheel eyebrows" and esp the weather report -- thank you. I know for sure I have never laughed so hard about a bicycle-related topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet