Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shopping Aftermath (Dammit, math...)

I ended up going with Arkel's Commuter bag, after reading the testimonial about how someone got hit by a car, bike went flying, and their bag stayed on the rack, laptop fine. If I am lying dead on the side of the road after an accident, my bag had BETTER be on my rack. Plus the way they described the usage possibilities, "If you need to carry a laptop, extra clothing, a pair of shoes, lunch and all of your very own 'nick nacks', then, the Commuter is right for you," is exactly what I need it for (minus the shoes. My job doesn't require dress shoes and I am too poor to have cycling specific kicks.) Can't wait for it to arrive.

Happy hour local shopping consisted of fenders (black, although for some reason the lady was trying to sell me pink ones, sheesh), Valencia Cyclery water bottle (I needed one and I might as well represent), water bottle holder (may pick up another, we'll see), fingerless gloves (mostly to keep my hands warmer, but they are padded to keep pressure points comfier, I guess), and a rack. This stuff will get installed at some point soon. Maybe I'll bother Joseph again, "Trade you time on Rock Band for bicycle assistance!" (He helped me with my wheel and seatpost locks, and the holder for my u-lock that makes me too nervous to use; I don't mind throwing the lock in my backpack, anyway.)

Once all that was bought (mostly by my mom as an early b-day present! Thanks Mom!) I had been planning on picking up some a couple pairs of skinny jeans, since the only pants I really feel very comfortable riding in right now are my Anthropologie cords, but then I realized that what I really need is a good jacket. Hoodies and my puffy vest are good, but when it's chilly and the wind really starts blowing, they don't cut it. I really really REALLY want to take advantage of this sale. This jacket is exactly what I want and they have it in blue. And it's half off. Who could ask for more? The only problem is that I have student loan payments to make, not to mention a 200 dollar CalTrain pass to spring for. I'm probably also going to get a VTA pass for at least the first month while I continue to work on getting my mileage up. Soooooooo, grah. We'll see about that. Also want to grab the waterproof cover for my bag, which I should do with the jacket, if I order it, to save on shipping (10 bucks!)

*yawn yawn* I guess I gotta think about sleeping soon. Another long day tomorrow, but just Kabuki and Casto theaters so it should be an easy ride. Key word: "should" ;D Either that or I won't be able to move when I wake up. We'll see. I wouldn't feel like too much of a pussy if I took the day off of the bike tomorrow. Did a decent job today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet