Monday, April 27, 2009

Bike park bummer (but some good news, too)

I investigated Bike Hut next to the 4th and King CalTrain today. Great system and an affordable-seeming repair shop, too. Anyways, I was all excited about the possibility of starting off with just doing the easy leg of the trip (CalTrain and back -- no sweat) and parking all day in a safe, indoor location. Unfortunately they don't open until quarter to seven and I need to catch the train at either 4:55 or 5:23 (yeah, AM), so that's not gonna happen. I can actually take BART at 4:17 in the morning, though, if I want to, so at least that is nice. Walking just seems cruel. It takes about an hour. Even if I take BART I will still be walking part of the way, though. Biking is really the fastest, but I'm just not sure about leaving my ride out all day long, even with a good lock and cable, is the smartest idea. 

The other thing is that it's just a good way to get miles in during the week. It is pretty unlikely that I will get home after a long day and a long commute and be like, "Hellz yeah, 8 o'clock! Time to get on the bike!" unless of course, I have somewhere to go. I might ride down to SafeWay tomorrow for lunch supplies. Food is dwindling around here and I need to think of not only things I can take to work to eat, but simple things I can eat when I get home.

Incidentally, news of the day is that Cryptic has a bicycle commuter reimbursement program. Something like 20 dollars a month? I clearly need to look into it more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet