Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I caught a nasty cold

which explains the lack of bicycle updates. It was a pain to even ride the bus, much less pedal and deal with traffic. Anyways, I'm feeling a lot better, although there is still some residual nonsense going on in the back of my throat. Aiming to be back on the bike tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've been taking either the 27 bus or BART. Both are pretty crowded at rush hour; yet another plus of riding a bicycle is that you are out in the open air and not crammed in a train with a hundred other people. Like today, I think the lady I was forced to hover behind on tip toe, almost hanging precariously from the overhead bar in an effort to reduce my depth (a backpack full of two laptops and associated cords decreases my skinniness), had not washed her hair in a while...or had washed it in something that didn't smell very good. Sigh sigh. I hope my shampoo doesn't make my hair smell lame.

Anyways, Twitter does not have showers, so I'm thinking of biking in the shirt I wore the day previously with a new shirt along with laptop (just one from now on) in the backpack. And I can wear my new jacket if it gets cold.

Good news is that I was able to return that heavy duty pannier that I no longer need. Less good (or perhaps equivalent) is that I've gotten interested in Rickshaw bags and since they are coming to work next week to show off their wares, I have a feeling I will only become more interested.

Finally, I think the Twitter diet is really good for me. Well, I think it would be good for anyone -- they feed us quite well. Fresh fruit every morning, sometimes bagels with cream cheese and salmon, other bakery items. Lunch is could be any number of things (falafel, sushi, sandwiches), but most days also includes some salad. Feeling healthy before you even get on your bicycle is definitely something to be either cherished or aspired to :) -- and not taken for granted (Stupid cold!) ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please to Meet